1.How old must I be in order to get a tattoo or body piercing at Addiction Ink? You must be at least 18 years old, as required by New York State law. Valid photo identification authenticating your date of birth must be presented before tattoo or piercing services are rendered. NO EXCEPTIONS! 2. How much does Addiction Ink charge for tattoos & body piercing? The minimum cost in the studio for a tattoo is $70. For larger pieces involving greater detail we charge $125 per hour. If you would like a quote on a specific design, please feel free to visit the studio.. Body piercing prices begin at $25 with jewelry included. 3. Does Addiction Ink accept credit & debit cards? Absolutely. 4. Does Addiction Ink receive walk-in clients or must I schedule an appointment in advance? Walk-in clients are always welcome. If we must schedule an appointment, we require a non-refundable deposit of $50, which will be subtracted from the final price of your tattoo. If an appointment time has been established, please arrive promptly. Should the need to reschedule arise, kindly inform us at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. 5. How do the artists at Addiction Ink sterilize their instruments? All of our tattoo and piercing needles are pre-packaged and sterilized. Tools are thoroughly scrubbed, individually packaged, and subsequently placed in a hospital-grade autoclave. Our autoclaves are spore tested on a weekly basis and examined in a laboratory to ensure they are operating at optimal levels. In addition, all exposed surfaces are covered with non-porous plastic wrap (including cords, light fixtures, armrests, chairs, and beds).
6. What should I do if I have a tattoo idea but no accompanying image to show the artist? The artists at Addiction Ink are always eager to collaborate with our clients, even if the concept is generally vague. With a great deal of flash art; fonts; internet; and additional reference items to choose from, the process of formulating a tattoo design is greatly simplified. Your respective artist will also rely on his expertise to provide the best advice based on your specifications as well as taking your individual desires into account. A sketch will be drawn and approved by the client before any permanent work is done. 7. Is it painful? The degree of pain you experience depends on the placement of the tattoo or piercing, and on your personal threshold for pain. Regardless of those ex factors, we will make every effort to ensure that you are comfortable throughout your session.
1. Remove bandage after 2-4 hours.
2. Wipe off all ointment with dry paper towel, wash the area thoroughly with antibacterial soap and warm water. Lather and remove any excess ink, ointment and blood. Pat dry your skin. Do Not scrub your tattoo.
3. For the first 2-4 days apply vitamin A&D ointment or Aquaphor 3-4 times a day.
4. After that, begin using a fragrance and dye-free hand lotion 3-4 times a day.(2 weeks -month) Curel or Lubriderm work well.
5. Do not pick or scratch tattoo scabs, let them come off on their own.
6. Do not soak or expose your tattoo in salt water, chlorine or sun for 2 weeks.
Please do not listen to your friends, family or any so called “tattoo specialists”. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Addiction Ink.